עידכון
אצלי בסוף לא היתה נזילה מהתיבת הגה אלה מהצינור שמן גיר שעובר מיתחת לתיבה
השמן האדום ליכלך את כל האיזור ולכן חשבתי שזה מהתיבה
בכל אופן שני הצינורות של השמן גיר הוחלפו ואין יותר נזילה

grand
21-04-06, 02:05
היי עמוס.

קראתי דבר מעניין.
שתיבת הגה של רכבים פרטיים של GM משנות השבעים המאוחרות - תחילת ה 80 ( ביואיק, פונטיאק אולדסמוביל וכו') מתאימה לגראנד שלנו ואף משפרת את היגוי. שווה בדיקה וקל להשגה בפירוקיות.

grand
21-04-06, 02:09
ציטוט מהכתוב.

Go to the junk yard and get an earlier model GM car (Pontiac, Olds, Chevrolet, Buick, etc.) Saginaw steering box. Up to around '81 will be a flare-type fitting for the lines, around '82 or later will be o-ring type. I paid $25 for mine, they usually go for around $20-$30. Just make sure it turns the right way, GM truck boxes turn the opposite direction. Also the input shaft is two different sizes, I think most/all Jeeps are the smaller, might want to take your old box w/ you or at least measure the input shaft. If it's not covered in too much grime you'll want to see if there's a snap ring holding the seals in the pitman shaft, if so they'll be easy to change if you happen to pick up a leaky one. Input seals are about as easy. Avoid the ones where you can't see a snap ring holding the lower seals in, you should be able to see the ring right at the lip.

Anyway, very cheap and easy swap, and my ZJ has never steered easier even w/ 33s. I've always known GM vehicles to have the easiest steering, now my ZJ has it too! Per an old veteran race car mechanic I run Dextron III ATF fluid instead of power steering fluid. I also noticed the front is very quiet now, minus the bad exhaust leak.

This will work on any Jeep!

-->