PDA

צפייה בגרסה מלאה : WANTED: M240 Storm/Sufa Grill(es)

St. Louis, MO YJ
01-10-11, 23:00
I have many Jeep enthusiasts, that own YJ Wranglers, that want to buy or trade for the M240 Storm/Sufa grill in waiting. Is anyone from Israel interested in being apart of this trade or sale? I realize that this vehicle is out of production and has been replaced by the MK2, but there has to be a junkyard or something of that nature around with said grilles. I know of at least five others besides myself that are interested in either purchasing or trading for this grill, so if you have access to one or some please PM me. This could turn into a pretty lucrative business for whomever comes through because I'm certain many more U.S. YJ owners would be interested in either trading or buying these grilles. Let me know!

St. Louis, MO YJ
02-10-11, 07:40
אני מכיר לפחות חמישה אחרים מלבד את עצמי, כי רוצה לקנות או להחליף את הגריל שלהם כדי לקבל M240 גריל סטורם, כך שאם יש לך גישה אחת או יותר PM לי בבקשה. אני מבין כי רכב זה הוא מתוך ההפקה הוחלף MK2. זה יכול להיות רווחי מאוד עבור מי יכול לבוא עם גריל או מרובים. אני בטוח שיש הרבה אנשים יותר בארצות הברית עם YJ ואת רוצה להחליף את הגריל עם אחד גריל אלה. תודיע לי אם אתה מעוניין. תודה

shmil
02-10-11, 08:52
Hello Mo, and welcome to this site

You have reached the right place for jeeps in Israel.
Unfortunately, since IL is a very small country, not many storms were built, and not many of them survived. That means that we don’t have such junkyards as you can find in the states, although we would have liked very much to have such junkyards.
So, as you can figure, no one is going to pick up the glove and start exporting Storm parts to the US. Mostly, it goes the opposite.
If you'd like one grille, and I think that posting it won't be cheap. I hope that one member from he site will have one, and will be kind enough to fullfil your wish.
Do not bother to translate with google, it does not keep the meaning, and the sequence is not understandable, especially not your meaning.

Shmil

חברים,
מו מסיינט לואיס מחפש גריל סופה, ואולי אפילו יותר מאחד.
המשמעות היא, כמובן, לברר עלויות משלוח לארה"ב, להגיד לו אותן, לסגור איתו על מחיר ולשלוח לו.
מי משעוניין לשלוח לו, יעשה מצווה....

דרור ברלי
02-10-11, 08:58
נו? מה עם כל אלה שהוציאו סופה מהמכרז ומתים להחליף לחזית רנגלר?
אולי תעשו החלפה.
אני אברר אצל המשפצים למיניהם ביפו, אולי זרוקים אצלהם גרילים כאלה אחרי שכל הערסים עברו לחזיתות רנגלר.... :)

אני אגב, נשאר עם חזית סופה 95' המקורית. האמריקאים ממש צודקים - זה הכי יפה.

St. Louis, MO YJ
02-10-11, 20:31
I should have known that the Google translator was crap; almost everything that's free is. Well that sucks that hardly any of these awesome vehicles survived. Honestly I just wanted to own a piece of history by obtaining a M240 Storm grill. I also think that it would look great on my YJ. Well if anyone knows of just one grill or person that has one and is willing to ship it to the U.S. let me know. Thanks guys.

shmil
02-10-11, 20:43
Hi MoWrite down your email address in here, it might take sometime until a willing surfer will appear.The surfer that answered said that he might check in a yard that he knows.Some patience will be greeted.Why won't you tell us meanwhile about your ride? (with some pics, ofcourse).

St. Louis, MO YJ
03-10-11, 00:45
Email: [email protected]

Name: Tim

Vehicle: 495081995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Sahara edition with the 4.0 Liter I-6 Engine. Other than a 3 inch body lift and some aftermarket wheels it's pretty much stock.

I just recently purchased a fiberglass hardtop and full steel doors; the doors needed some body work so I've been working on that. I am in search of a new grill because the square headlamps are outdated, and the signiture Jeep has round ones anyway. I've thought about welding a M38A1 grill together with the YJ grill and putting some flat fenders on her. Basically I want it to eventually look like this when I'm through> http://imageshack.us/f/841/flatfenderyjroundheadla.jpg/

I want to paint it this color> http://imageshack.us/f/199/macadamiametallic.jpg/ it's called Macadamia Metallic.
I'm getting the wheels powder coated black too, so it should look real good when I'm finished.

Eventually I want to invest in a new suspension, tires, and a winch but that's after the body work; I've only owned it since April.

St. Louis, MO YJ
03-10-11, 00:48
I've thought about welding a M38A1 grill together with the YJ grill and putting some flat fenders on her.

Unless of course I get lucky and can get a hold of a M240 Storm grill.:D

tzagi
03-10-11, 01:54
Hey Tim,
Don't blame the Google translator
It is what it is, beside, unless its translated by a human...it will look just like that regardless of price.
To the subject at hand,
Many moons ago I tried to find grills for import purposes,
.It never went anywhere mostly due to the cost and (lack of) availability
Even if you will find one at a local shop (and its not hard to find)
Y'all will pay dearly, not to mention that you will
need a local go to guy to go pick it up, pack it and ship it you way as no local "junk yard" will make an effort to ship it.

what is the grill worth to you delivered to your door?
If its bellow $300
Forgetaboutit!

Now, excuse me
שמיל
לבחור קוראים טים
MO=Missouri
2 מדינות צפון מזרחית אלי
יש להם BBQ לא רע,.....אבל מתוק מדי לטעמי

Tim,
DId you get all that?

St. Louis, MO YJ
03-10-11, 18:33
First of all don't worry about my opinion of Google translator; "I didn't get all that" because I'm not wasting my time on anything that doesn't pertain to myself obtaining the M240 grill. You're obviously of no help to me, and therefore you have no need to comment on my thread. It makes no difference to me that you failed many moons ago because I'm not you.

shmil
03-10-11, 18:58
Tim
I guess you misunderstood Joe's (tzagi) words. He's an American living in Tx, a former Israeli, that knows the Israeli language, and has lots of knowledge and experience in Jeeps. He's an appreciated member in our community, and all he wanted was to give you some info about the prices.
If Joe talks about 300$ delivery, and I already talked about the rareness of them, than the grille, at your door will cost more than the 300$, and I figure even more.
The question is - do you still want someone to make the effort of searching, or do you quit.
That's a fair question.

ג'ו - באופן מפתיע, גם אני יודע לקרוא שקוראים לו טים אחרי שהוא כותב את זה.
תהיה ידידותי לחדשים, גם אם ברור שהם כנראה לא ישרדו פה :)

tzagi
03-10-11, 21:01
מזכיר לי סיפור קטן...
אבא ובן מטיילים בפרק, הילד רואה 2 כלבים מזדווגים ושאל את האב מה הכלבים עושים,
האב הסביר שהכלב למעלה חולה, והכלב למטה עוזר ולוקח אותו לוטרינר
הילד חושב על זה לרגע ואומר: תראה איזה עולם, כול פעם שאתה מנסה לעזור למישהו אתה נדפק.

-->