PDA

צפייה בגרסה מלאה : Questions about Storm Mark I and Israel lift laws

נמרוד
30-12-10, 09:07
אימייל שהתקבל במערכת:
(תשתדלו להיות ענייניים ולא להתבכיין)

Hello

I'm moving to Israel in a few weeks and want to buy a sufa, I want to bring parts from america (since they are alot cheaper) and was wondering if you could help me with a few questions?
I want to buy a Mark I diesel and wanted to know what axles, transfer case, and transmission it has?
Are parts such as the roof, doors and lift kits interchangable with an american Jeep Wrangler YJ (i have one in america and want to bring parts)?
What are the lift laws in israel? I plan on doing a spring over axle lift with 2" leaf springs and 1" body lift with 35" tires.
And are there any other laws I should be aware off for building a lifted Jeep.

I owned 3 Wranglers and cannot wait to go Jeeping in Israel
Thank you in advance

דרור ברלי
30-12-10, 10:09
להיות ענייניים ולספר לו את כל האמת?
בידיעה שעקבות זה יש מצב שהוא יוותר על הרעיון "לעשות עלייה"?...

tzagi
30-12-10, 10:11
נשמע טיפה חשוד, הוא משתמש במונחים ומילים שאמריקאי "רגיל' לא היה משתמש בהם.
אולי הוא בכלל קנדי, לך תדע....
או שהוא חושב שהוא צריך לכתוב בפשטות, כמו לילדים, יש מצב.

בכול מקרה, הוא צריך לעשות המון שעורי בית.

דרור ברלי
30-12-10, 10:38
Hi. I'ii try to answer your questions one by one. I Think you will not like all of the answers...

I'm moving to Israel in a few weeks and want to buy a sufa, I want to bring parts from america (since they are alot cheaper) and was wondering if you could help me with a few questions?
I want to buy a Mark I diesel and wanted to know what axles, transfer
case, and transmission it has?

STORM M240 mark I is great Jeep, but
Do not even think about the diesel!!! The 2.5l VM Turbo-diesel is unrelaible, slow, thirsty, spares are expensive and hard to find. Do a big favor to yourself and your bank account - and go for the good old 4.0 I-6 petrol engine.

Are parts such as the roof, doors and lift kits interchangable with an american Jeep Wrangler YJ (i have one in america and want to bring parts)?

No. STORM comes in two body-lengths, both are longer than wrangler YJ (STORM wheelbase is 104') Doors are interchangable, but the YJ roof (fiberglass or soft-top) is to short for the STORM. Lift kits also does not fit 100%. Spring mounts and chassis are slightly different. but you can buy here in israel very good lift kits (such as RUBICON-EXPRESS 4.5) that made specificlly for the STORM.

What are the lift laws in israel? I plan on doing a spring over axle lift with 2" leaf springs and 1" body lift with 35" tires.
And are there any other laws I should be aware off for building a lifted Jeep.

OOPS.... now comes the hard-sad part...
any modifications, engine swaps, lifts, suspension changes and tires bigger than 31 is ILLEGAL in israel.
you can install the ordinary 4.5 inch lift kit (under the axles) and hope not to be stopped by the police or DOT inspection units. Roumors say that 33 can be legal, but only after a long and expensive process.,

I owned 3 Wranglers and cannot wait to go Jeeping in Israel
Thank you in advance

Jeeping and off-roading in israel is great fun because allmost the whole country is open for everyone to go where he want. at least at weekends (when the army is not training). but building a properly modified Jeep here is difficult, expensive and very hard if you want to be friendly with the anachronistic laws.

still want to come?

dror
(a very proud STORM owner)

tzagi
30-12-10, 10:56
דרור, אתה רע ורשע' לפחות תן לבן אדם את הפנטזיה של מדינת ישראל, למה כמה שיותר ממינו אצלכם ולא אצלינו....עדיף!
ותגיד, בשעורי אנגלית אתה עישנת בזולה???

דרור ברלי
30-12-10, 10:59
ותגיד, בשעורי אנגלית אתה עישנת בזולה???

ניחשת נכון! אבל תגיד לי, איך אתה יודע הכל?
לא זוכר שלמדת איתי או עישנת איתי...

חוצמזה, ה"פנטזיה" על מדינת ישראל תתגלה לו מאוד מהר כסיוט של החיים. מוטב לו שיתכונן.

yes1952
30-12-10, 11:08
דרור
תשובה מנומקת ולעיניין
נהניתי שהפעם קצת צבעת קצת ורוד בשחור
יוסי

דרור ברלי
30-12-10, 11:11
מה ורוד כאן?
שמותר לנו לטייל בשטח. נכון להיום.
ממש השתדלתי לא לכתוב לו שחבל על זמנו ואולי עדיף לא לבוא לפה בכלל.

yes1952
30-12-10, 11:21
"ואולי עדיף לא לבוא לפה בכלל."
עדיין כאן במכלול החיים טוב יותר מאשר בחו"ל
חוץ מזה הבחור מלא בנאיביות אמריקאית
חייתי בערבות הקנדיות וגם לשם הגיע נגע האנטישמיות(מלא יוצאי אוקראינה)
ואם אי פעם ניפגש תמיד יש בקבוקון קטן לשטוף את האבק והבלי היום
יוס

eran4x4
30-12-10, 15:58
it seem to me that the best way 4 u to enjoy israel offroad is to bring the wrangler with u.....

for how long u plan to be in israel?

u can bring it as tourist and after some time u will need to make "alia" also for the jeep (alia=paying taxes and issuing israeli license)

I don't know the exact regulation but it is something like - u can bring it for 6 mounts after 6 mounts u should go abroad with it (jordan) and then u can use it again four 6 mounts' u can do it for a total of 2 years and then if you wont to use it legally you need to issue israeli license.

all the info I wrote is not accurate and an old one, in case this direction is relevant for you, make sure you check and verify the up to date regulations.

נדב42
30-12-10, 16:34
העצה הכי טובה שאפשר לתת לו לדעתי היא שיכין את הרכב כרצונו עוד בארץ האפשרויות, ויביא אותו מוכן, זו הדרך הכי טובה והכי קלה לעבור את סוגיות הרישוי. לעולה חדש יש את הזכות להביא את הרכב שלו עמו, גם אם הוא לא חדש ומרגע שהרכב רשום כמקוריות: יבוא אישי אף אחד לא יכול לשלוח אותו לקבל אישור יבואן ...

דרור ברלי
30-12-10, 17:06
אבל הוא רוצה סופה.
ונאיבי או לא, כנראה הוא יודע למה.
למעט נושא איכות הגימור (מי שישמע, באיזה מרצדס מדובר...) קשה לי למצוא יתרון טכני אחד ויחיד של רנגלר YJ מקורי וקטנטן על סופה.
מישהו מכם נסע על YJ? למי שלא - זה מרגיש כמו... סופה. אולי קליל יותר בתחושה כי הוא באמת קצת יותר קל, בטח נוח יותר להחנות כי הוא קצרצר, נסיעה יותר רכה כי הקפיצים המקוריים די סמרטוטיים אבל גם שם אין בכלל מהלך אם לא מחליפים למשהו ארוך יותר. וזהו. כאן זה נגמר. הכל אותו דבר פלוס מינוס, לטוב ולרע. המנוע זהה, הרעש אותו רעש, ההיגוי אותו היגוי, הגיר אותו גיר, הטרנספר אותו טרנספר...
חסרונות?... לרנגלר YJ יש סרן קדמי בעייתי (דנה 30 עם מערכת לניתוק ציריה) וסרן אחורי (דנה 35) גבולי עד חלש. חלק מהם הגיעו עם יחסי העברה ארוכים להחריד בסרנים, אבל כל עוד נשארים על צמיגים קטנים, אין בעיה. זה כיף של רכב, באמת. אבל נורא קטן מבפנים. קטן ברמת סמוראי. אין מקום לכלום.

אם כבר, שיביא רנגלר LJ אנלימיטד. עם בסיס גלגלים 103 אינץ', מקבלים ג'יפ שנראה כמעט כמו סופה קצרה. אבל זה TJ עם מתלי סליל, עם גימור נורמלי, עם מקום לציוד. זה הרנגלר שמביאים אם יש אפשרות.

לעניין עולה חדש שמביא איתו רכב משופר שנראה כזה - מישהו כאן יודע/מכיר/התנסה בזה/העמיד את זה למבחן המציאות?
אני מתכוון לאוטו שנראה חיצונית לא מקורי - למשל ג'יפ רנגלר YJ/TJ שפיזית הוא ממש לא אוטו גדול, בלשון המעטה... עם הגבהה רצינית או SPOA ועל צמיג 35 שגורמים לו להיראות הרבה יותר מאיים ולא צריך להיות מבין גדול כדי לדעת שזה הכל חוץ מאשר מקורי?
זו לא שאלה קנטרנית אלא רצון אמיתי לדעת.

tzagi
30-12-10, 19:02
לזיכרוני לעולה חדש היה מותר להביא רכב עד 4 שנים אחורה, יתכן שמאז שינו את זה לשנתיים.
כמובן שזה גם תלוי, אנחנו לא יודעים בכלל אם יש לו זכויות עולה חדש, מספיק שיש לו הורה אחד ישראלי-או ישראלי לשעבר והלכו הזכויות.

ליוסי: אנטישמיות יש בכול העולם, כולל ישראל
והפרוילגיה למצוא את האנטישמיות נשמרת בצורה אקסקלוסיבית ל........אתה מוכן?

לאלה שמחפשים בלבד.

נמרוד, אם אפשר,
תבקש מהבחור להגיב ולספר קצת על הסיטואציה שלו כדי שיהיה אפשר לתת לו עצות רלוונטיות.

Eli HaAmericai
30-12-10, 23:17
thank you all for the responses i had the hebrew ones translated
i currently live in america and am making aliya in september 2011
i have a wrangler (yj) now i was going to sell but i guess ill build it up as much as i legally can and ship it over
now i need to find out the laws on importing a lifted car

i know a new oleh can bring any car as long as its for private use

i dont necassarily need the sufa although i like the grille alot more and would look into switching one over to my yj

any information regarding importing a lifted jeep or putting a sufa grille on a yj would be very helpful
thanks again

tzagi
30-12-10, 23:38
Hi Eli, Welcome.
First off you need to find out if you are eligible for
OLE HADASH status
(if any of your ancestors hold an Israeli passport, or held in the past, you might be s.o.l)
If you are eligible, You might have certain rights, and that includes bringing a vehicle with you
However, there are age restrictions, in the past that was 4 years back, but don't quote me on that, those laws change and today it might be as low as 2 years (as in, 2009 and newer)

Sooooo
Any way, your YJ need not apply.

If you need any help searching it out , leave me your phone number by the pm system.

........................................ ......Joe

דרור ברלי
30-12-10, 23:46
all this only for the grille?....
i am sure that you will find here more than one STORM owner that will be happy to replace his STORM military-looking grille for your wrangler YJ grille...

as a matter of fact, i think like you - that the israeli STORM grille looks better...

hadtomer
31-12-10, 06:42
Hello eli

First of all- congragulations on making ALIYAH.

Try to consider a different concept- As an incentive to people who make alliyah, the Israeli goverment gives an oleh hadash (it means new comer) ,
incentve package that includes tax free car purchase- you can come here and buy a wrangler jk and get about 50% off the sticker price. its worth considering. as for modifications- well- my coleagues have taken things a bit too far - there is still a lot of stuff that you can do to your truck - like 2-3 inch lifts. body lifts, btw, are a big no no.
Of course you can go all the way- we do have some serious off road stores here and we do have some very serious rigs-after all about 70% of ISRAEL is free off road country- but this will get you in trouble in case that you will run into an officer who has a bad day.

tzagi
31-12-10, 07:09
הנה דוגמה לאדם שלא ישן בשעורי אנגלית :-) (בטח אשכנזי :-P)
אתם יכולים ללמוד מתומר איך לכתוב.....למרות המעט "שגיאוט" בדיקדוק......

ARXD
31-12-10, 09:11
thank you all for the responses i had the hebrew ones translated
i currently live in america and am making aliya in september 2011

Only "God" knows why you want to do an "aliya"
*But for each there own, Who am I to judge you... ;)

Here is one advice from a former Israeli guy:
Israel authorities/Police DO NOT LIKE MODDED JEEPS, nor they promote it.
EVEN if you manage to legally mod your Jeep to suit Israeli laws, (*And good luck with that), you still be pulled over & over to be scrutinize by officers , again and again! never ends :-(

Do yourself a favor
Buy yourself a nice JK (Rubicon if you can) in the States (*waaaay cheaper!)
A specially now when the 2011 is out, the 2010 are now on sale! or any cheap second hand JK, and bring that Jeep with you!
The stock Rubicon is very capable off the showroom, and will be more then enough for the Israeli terrain, so no need for heavy mods to enjoy the trails.
*And the Israel authorities will have nothing to say as it's stock

Now, if you really want to make a smart move, and realize all Jeepers fantasy, make a stop at Germany, buy a JK diesel and bring that to Israel if it's possible! (amazing engine!)
*or ship it to me, we all dream to have one here in Canada! LOL

P.S
Gas prices in Israel is double then the States!
a 7 "Shekel" per liter or 7.5$ per gal, so keep that in mind

PLEASE Note!
*I have left Israel 7 years ago, so some of my info can be invalid, and this is "Just my advise" nothing more.
Good luck

הדסופה
31-12-10, 10:11
Eli
There is another simple option, that does not involve special papers or importing rules
When you arrive in Israel, or better before that, you look for an already modified Sufa, with the modifications already in the license.
This will allow you to have a rig with 33 (as mentioned before, although 31 is the maximum legal size, there are many rigs with 33 in the license papers) and usaully such rig will be lifted.

However ,You may need to be patient until you find a Sufa with both reasonable condition and resonable proice

The cost of such rig would vary between 10K$ - 20K$, depending much on
the MODs, the seller, and the general condition.

Hed

-->